Eyeliner: a makeup bag staple since the dawn of cosmetics. From the Ancient Egyptians to classic Hollywood legends and the iconic Amy Winehouse, winged eyeliner has been a makeup classic for centuries. The classic winged eyeliner look helps us feel empowered for generations. Where would we be without our trusty eyeliner pen or a precision eyeliner?
Winged eyeliner application is a makeup skill we’re all looking to perfect. Whether you’re a professional artist or a makeup fanatic, applying winged eyeliner can be very tricky to master. Our Director of Artistry Pablo Rodriquez gives us a step-by-step winged eyeliner tutorial to show how to achieve the perfect winged eyeliner look.
FOR A WINGED EYELINER LOOK YOU WILL NEED:
- Powder Eyeshadow: in brown, grey or black to build a template guide for you to follow when applying your winged eyeliner. Eyeshadow is easy to wipe away if mistakes are made.
- Angled Brush: an angled brush is perfect for creating a dramatic brow, but can also be used to create a precise eyeshadow outline for your eyeliner.
While the type of eyeliner you use is completely up to you, the below options are preferred for this winged eyeliner tutorial:
- Precision Gel Liner: water resistant and long wearing, this precision eyeliner gives intense single-stroke color.
- Illustrator Pen/ Liquid Eyeliner: black liquid eyeliner pen to create a sharp eyeliner look with more ease and control.
- Colouring Eye Pencils: use shade S.O.P.H.I.E, a black pencil eyeliner, for pin-point definition and smooth gliding-application.
- Liner Brush: ultra-thin brush to create a defined line for a precision eyeliner look.
- Smudge Brush: small, round brush to smudge out your eyeshadow.
- Masquara Raven: ultra-glossy and volumizing in a jet-black finish to complete your look.