With the summer over, it’s time to welcome Autumn. Pumpkin spice, a distinct chill in the air and the lingering spooky season. Is there any wonder why, for most, it is the best season of the year?
There’s no doubt that the best part of the fall is the makeup trends. We think of extravagant, special effects makeup paired with an elaborate costume or fiery colored eyeshadow when we think of Halloween makeup. But have you heard? Dark tones are in, and we are here for it.
A good, wearable autumn makeup look with a witchy edge can be a subtle nod to your spooky side that is appropriate for a day in the office or a night out dancing.
Below, we have the perfect black smokey eye to match your favorite jumper whilst pumpkin picking, or you can pair it with a vampy lip to take this black eyeshadow look from day to night.
The following matte black eyeshadow tutorial by Illamasqua Head Makeup Artist Mel Barrese breaks down how to do black eyeshadow and rock the ultimate autumn makeup with a witchy vibe.
This black eyeshadow look is all about blending together eyeshadow and pencil eyeliner with no harsh lines. For this look, you will need:
- SKIN BASE FOUNDATION – Our best-selling formula. Lightweight and easily blendable for a soft and smooth complexion and matte finish.
- SKIN BASE CONCEALER PEN – A concealer pen for high coverage and a matte finish, perfect for any base makeup.
- SKIN BASE PRESSED POWDER – Blur imperfections and set your makeup.
- LOOSE POWDER – Perfect to set makeup and achieve the ultimate finish
- COLOURING EYE PENCIL (S.O.P.H.I.E) – Pencil-point definition and a color payoff like no other.
- ELEMENTAL ARTISTRY PALETTE – 12 highly-pigmented eyeshadows, universally flattering to all skin tones to create the perfect black smokey eye.
- MASQUARA RAVEN – ultra-glossy and volumizing mascara for an intense jet-black finish.
- INFINITE MASQUARA – Maximum length and definition in a rich black finish
- FALSE EYELASHES VISAGE – handmade and cruelty-free, these false lashes will give you a glamorous flutter.
- BLENDER BRUSH – a multi-purpose brush with ultra-soft bristles – a makeup bag essential.
- SMUDGE BRUSH – a small and round brush to smudge out pencil eyeliner and eyeshadow.